The New School Cookie Statement¶
For information about what types of personal data may be collected when you visit New School websites, and how this information will be used, please see our Website Privacy Notice.
Cookies on our websites¶
Most New School websites use “cookies.” A cookie is a small file containing a series of letters and numbers that we place on your computer or mobile device if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the website and also allow us to improve the website.
You may change your cookie preferences at any time via our Cookie Preference Center.
- to make the website function properly for you and to enable you to make use of the services we provide;
- to remember your preferences and make the site easier for you to use;
- to collect information about how you use our website which is then anonymized and used to help us improve our services; and
- to track when you click on one of our advertisements on other websites and social media, and to remarket to you when you’ve come to our website via one of those ads and taken an action such as applying or requesting more information.
- collect any sensitive information; or
- send personally identifiable data to third parties.
You can learn more about cookies from the United States Federal Trade Commission.
Types of cookies¶
The cookies used by our websites may be placed on your computer or mobile device by our website (“first party cookies”) or by third parties whose services we use as part of the website (“third party cookies”).
Some cookies are temporary, and only last until you close your web browser (“session cookies”), while others will stay on your computer or mobile device even after your browser session has ended (“persistent cookies”).
We use the following four categories of cookies on our websites:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as logging in, registering for classes, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but if you do this some parts of the site may not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Preferences cookies. Also known as “functional cookies,” these cookies allow the website to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer, what region you would like weather reports for, or what your user name and password are so you can automatically log in. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are set by a range of social media services to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
- Advertising Cookies. These cookies track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. These cookies can share that information with other organizations or advertisers. They do not store directly personal data, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and Internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will see fewer targeted ads.
You may see a list of the specific cookies used by our site in each of these categories, and choose which categories you wish to allow, at any time via our Cookie Preference Center.
Updates to this statement¶
We may update this statement from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to the cookies we use or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons.
The document history at the bottom of this page describes when it was last updated and the updates made.
|Jun 2020||D. Curry||
|Nov 2020||D. Curry||